THE BIG IDEA
We are all peacemakers.
The Peace Flag Project by students at Johnson & Wales University.
We can make the world more peaceful by how we behave in our everyday lives.
Millions of people do kind things — some big, some small — all the time.
These thoughtful, generous efforts can add up to a more peaceful world.
- We believe it’s important to focus on peace, on what peace is and how we can achieve it.
- We believe that each peaceful thing we do can help to make this a more peaceful planet. We want to inspire people to take their own important steps every day.
- Millions of people do helpful, kind, supportive things all the time. We’d like people to focus on the good that happens all around us every day. This broader perspective can provide a more balanced view of the world.
What We Do
The Peace Flag Project, a pro-peace 501(c)3, helps everyone to be a peacemaker. Einstein wrote “Imagination is a preview of life’s coming attractions.” What we can imagine, we can create. Our work is focused on imagining peace, understanding peace, creating peace and being peace.
- We work with people to create Peace Flags that reflect positive wishes for the world. This is an enriching and enlightening experience for all ages. The flags are based on the Tibetan Prayer Flag tradition. For centuries, these flags have sent out prayers for peace, harmony and compassion.
- Each September we celebrate a Month of Peace with events held throughout RI. These celebrations expand our original observation of the UN International Day of Peace on September 21 each year.
- The highlight of our events is a Peace Walk, a walking meditation done slowly and in silence to join everyone in peace.
- We help to create Peace Gardens, public spaces that inspire us, nurture us and provide a sense of well being. They connect us to nature and allow time for quiet reflection.
- Arrange a Peace Flag Workshop with your class, school, group or organization. We’ve worked with thousand of people to make Peace Flags. Contact Ginny Fox at email@example.com.
- Volunteer behind the scenes, help out at PF Workshops and public festivals, work on publicity, or help to plan our Month of Peace 2012. There’s a lot to be done. We’re an all volunteer organization. Sign up on our volunteer page: http://www.thepeaceflagproject.org/gettinginvolved.htm.
- Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Peace-Flag-Project/213692355314025.
- Last, but not least, please support the Peace Flag Project (501(c)3 through a secure, tax-deductible donation with PayPal at www.thepeaceflagproject.org.